It's official! I just booked my ticket to Haiti!
Well my uncle did … but I AM GOING TO HAITI!
This is going to be a trip of a lifetime! Words cannot not express how excited I am! What makes it better is that my ENTIRE family is going to be there! There has been talks for years about how in 2011 everyone was going to take a trip down to Haiti, but for some reason I never thought that it was really going to happen.
And now here we are and our flights have been booked. We are officially going to Haiti.
This is going to be my second trip to Haiti. The first time I went was 20 long years ago! (wow I just realized that it has been that long!) I vaguely remember things here and there, but the memories of the last time I was there are in a dark and deep corner of my brain.
I can only imagine it now! I really can't contain my excitement! However, the more I think about it, the more it make me miss my grandparents. Their absence is truly going to be felt. My entire family is coming together in the place that essentially started it all. If only they were alive to experience this moment with us.
I will cherish this trip for the rest of my life, cause there might not be another one like it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment