I cannot explain the feeling that I have when I am reading an AMAZING book! It is honestly one of the best feelings in the world! I get completely attached to the book, and dread the day that I finish it. I form a connection with the characters and feel as if I am going through the experiences with them. Basically, when I am reading, the world outside of the book is nonexistent (nonexistent to the point that I missed my train stop on the way to work a couple weeks back lol).
Once I finish reading a good book, I want everyone that I know to experience the same feelings that I did when I was reading it! I become that book's biggest advocate and support it to the fullest!
The last book that I read that made me feel this way was “A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Khaled Hosseini. I already expected to LOVE this book because I read Hosseini's first novel “The Kite Runner” a few years back and it instantly became one of my favorites! I have to admit however, I may LOVE “A Thousand Splendid Suns” a little more! I realized the reason why I loved it more after talking to my sister about. She read the book before I did and she simply said … “You like this book better because the main characters are women.” She's right! “The Kite Runner” focused on male oriented relationships, like that of fathers and sons and “A Thousand Splendid Suns” focused on female oriented relationships of mothers, daughters, and friendships. The struggles that they endured spoke to me on many different levels! I want to blab more about this book but I might ruin it for those who haven't read it yet!
Honestly both books are amazing! Hurry up and get yourselves copies of both of them, you won't be disappointed!


0 comments:
Post a Comment